Eliminate Threats And Mitigate Risk: Dark Web Search For Your OSINT Strategy
Are You Monitoring For Data Leaks On The Dark Web?
If it is your job to protect people and assets, the Dark Web (or Darknet) is an important place to navigate. Dark web data is a crucial element for security and threat intelligence, and the team at Echosec Systems has built a tool to search it. The Echosec Systems Platform now includes the ability to search structured dark web data. Platform users can now quickly sift through the rubble and surface the information that matters to their organization.
The Problem With Dark Web Data
Darknet data is not difficult to access, but it is very difficult to search. Because the dark web is non-indexed, the content within it is disorganized, making it difficult to expose anything specific. Searching the dark web without the right OSINT tools is time-consuming, to say the least.
The Solution - A Dark Web Search Engine
The Echosec Systems Platform now includes a fully indexed dark web view that ingests dozens of sources including websites, code repositories, and databases.
Unlike the location-based social media view within Echosec, the dark web view searches for documents, rather than real-time data. This historical perspective gives users an in-depth eye-line into the hidden data of the dark web. This adds a deeper layer of information to the Echosec Systems Platform.
This view is unique because it applies natural language processing (NLP) to dark web data. NLP enables the tool to extract entities from the content. Entities include things like people, places, organizations, phone numbers, and social security numbers.
Through indexing and extracting data, the system constructs an internal knowledge graph. This allows users to follow an entity across different domains, social media, and other sites around the web.
What Can You Do With This Data?
With organized deep and dark web data, users can make inferences about an entity and its usage across the web. For example, you can find an email address and trace the usage of that email address across networks.
This capability is especially valuable for a use case like brand protection. Analysts can run a search for their brand on the dark web and expose any damaging information. Stolen email addresses, violated NDAs, classified information, and counterfeit goods are just the tip of the iceberg.
Executive protection professionals can search for leaked information related to their clients. The data they find can range from hacked email addresses, leaked passwords, or login information from social profiles.
WHY Dark Web Data Matters
- Loss prevention for Retailers: Visibility into the dark web can reveal where goods are being sold illegally and who is selling them.
- Corporate Security: Users are alerted to NDA violations and other confidential information that has been disclosed on the dark web.
- Insurance: Data leaks are a major legal liability. Monitoring open data from the darknet allows users to proactively take PR measures if leaks occur.
- Finance & Fraud: Leaked credit cards, IDs, reused passwords, and accounts. give criminals an attack vector to financial accounts. The Echosec Systems Platform can help you detect threats to institutions and customers.
- General criminal activity: The dark web is home to a multitude of illegal products bought and sold online. The Platform provides insight into what is being distributed in communities everywhere.
Illuminating the Dark Web
The Echosec Systems Platform provides contextualized information from a sea of unorganized data. This view into the deep and dark web allows security and intelligence teams to rapidly discover the information that matters to them.
Does your organization need improved visibility into the deep and dark web? Use the button below to book a consultation with the Echosec Systems team.