Are You Monitoring For Data Leaks On The Darknet?
If it is your job to protect people and assets, the Dark Web (or Darknet) is an important place to navigate. Darknet data is a crucial element for security and threat intelligence, and the team at Echosec have built a tool to search it. Beacon is the OSINT tool that restructures darknet data. With Beacon, you can quickly sift through the rubble and surface the information that matters to your organization.
The Problem With Darknet
Darknet data is not difficult to access, but it is very difficult to search. Because the darknet is non- indexed, the content within it is disorganized, making it difficult to expose anything specific. Searching darknet without the right OSINT tool is time consuming to say the least.
The Solution – A Darknet Search Engine
Beacon is a fully indexed darknet tool that ingests dozens of sources including websites, code repositories, and databases. Built by the engineers at Echosec, a leader in data discovery, Beacon is the new way to find critical intelligence on the darknet.
Unlike Echosec, Beacon searches for documents, rather than real-time data. This historical perspective gives users an in-depth eye-line into the hidden data of the darknet. This makes Beacon a valuable extension to the Echosec platform.
Beacon is unique because it applies natural language processing (NLP) to darknet data. NLP enables the tool to extract entities from the content. Entities include things like people, places, organizations, phone numbers, and social security numbers.
Through indexing and extracting data, Beacon constructs an internal knowledge graph. This allows you to follow an entity across different domains, social media, and other sites around the web.
What Can You Do With This Data?
With organized darknet data, you can make inferences about an entity and its usage across the web. For example, you can find an email address and trace the usage of that email address across networks.
This capability is especially valuable for a use case like brand protection. Analysts can run a search for their brand on darknet and expose any damaging information. Stolen email addresses, violated NDAs, classified information, and counterfeit goods are just the tip of the iceberg.
Executive protection professionals can search for leaked information related to their clients. The data they find can range from hacked email address, leaked passwords, or login information from social profiles.
WHY Darknet Data Matters
- Loss prevention for Retailers: Beacon will show you where your goods are being sold illegally and who is selling them.
- Corporate Security: Find NDA violations and other confidential information that has been disclosed on the darknet.
- Insurance: Data leaks are a major legal liability. Monitoring open data from the darknet allows you to proactively take PR measures if leaks occur.
- Finance & Fraud: Leaked credit cards, IDs, reused passwords, and accounts. give criminals an attack vector to financial accounts. Beacon allows you to detect threats to your institution, and threats to your customers. Being aware of any threats allows you to better protect your business and customers.
- General criminal activity: The darknet is home to a multitude of illegal products bought and sold online. Beacon provides insight into what is being distributed in communities everywhere.
Illuminating the Darknet
Beacon provides contextualized information from a sea of unorganized data. This OSINT tool for the darknet allows you to rapidly discover the information that matters to you.
Does your organization have data breaches that you need to know about? Learn more about Beacon using the link below.